What the what? A post on a Tuesday? Well, in honor of the first blogiversary of deranchification, there is a bonus post today. Woohoo. I know, right?
Well, don’t get too excited. I mean, be very excited about the first blogiversary, absolutely. Just don’t get your hopes up too high for what you’ll read today. Today’s post is like a little time-capsule of how far the blog has come this year. Tomorrow I’ll be back with what I’ve been working on.
This time last year, I was a reader of a bunch of blogs, a crafter, and a DIYer, so I decided to start this little blog. And, well, it got off to a slow start. I’m pretty sure only people I knew personally read it for those first few months. And I just posted here and there, with no real schedule.
Then, I got a little too ambitious and tried to publish three posts a week and couldn’t keep up that pace too long. I work Monday through Thursday at my nerdy computer job and finally accepted that I needed to drop back down to two posts per week so I could actually get some sleep. So, I picked Monday and Wednesday for my posting days. Well, mostly. I’ve still had my off weeks — especially once the pregnancy exhaustion kicked in — but I’ve got a reasonable-ish plan at this point.
So, yes, onto the rundown of what happened this year.
– I knew 0 other bloggers personally this time last year
– I published 70 posts
– I received 193 comments (ok, 80 of those were actually me responding to y’all’s comments)
– I went to 3 blogging conferences
– I met a bunch of other bloggers and made some great friends
– I got 8 shout-outs on other blogs: Young House Love, Bower Power, Ugly Duckling House, Days With Us, Heart Soul & Family, Gourley Girl & Guy, Organizing Homelife, and Ciburbanity
– I got featured on 2 other sites: Apartment Therapy and (just yesterday!) At Home on the Bay
– I started growing my 2nd human
Yeah, I mean, for what is still a little ol’ blog, it has been a pretty big year for me. So, anyway, I just wanted to say thanks. Thanks for stopping by today. Thanks for all your drop-bys. Feel free to come by more often. And to bring a friend or ten :)
O, and to comment or email me. I love reading every.single.one. It’s like proof someone other than my mom and Michael’s mom are reading :)
What about you? Are you celebrating anything this month? I mean, other than football season, the start of fall, and deranchification’s first blogiversary?